Filed under: Counselor Awards
So … just how hot are you?
If you or someone you know is doing something unique, hip, fun or trendy in the industry right now, then Counselor wants to know! From PromoGram:
Counselor is looking for nominations of people for its annual Hot List. We’re on the lookout for anyone in the industry who is taking an interesting approach to business, shaking up the status quo or simply networking like a maniac at all hours of the night. We’re in search of those people who are making the industry a unique marketplace that’s fun and energetic.
Send an e-mail by Friday, February 1, to Karen Akers at email@example.com explaining why your nominee should be recognized on Counselor’s Hot List. And, please make sure to include a picture of the person you’re nominating.
What are you waiting for?! Get busy nominating! And if you’re interested in seeing results of the Counselor Hot List from the past 5 years, click here.
Filed under: Counselor Awards
From Counselor magazine:
For the fifth year in a row, Counselor is setting out to identify the industry companies that employees simply love to work for. These are the distributors and suppliers that have a loyal work force and that provide a work environment which employees want to go to every morning.
Counselor will be unveiling its annual Best Places To Work issue in September, and it will undoubtedly include an elite list of industry companies. Do you want your company to be considered? Getting involved is easy – and it’s completely free to participate. The only necessary qualification is that a company has at least 10 employees. To nominate your company, or any others in the market that you think deserve to be recognized, simply click here. Also, there’s no risk to participating. Only the honorees – those companies with the best scores from the survey – will be published in Counselor.
So, don’t delay. Click here to register your company to be considered for one of the most exclusive lists in the ad specialty market: Counselor’s Best Places To Work.
Filed under: Counselor Awards, The ASI Show
The ASI Show Chicago 2009 has wrapped, and if you missed it you missed quite a show, with lots of videos, awards and happenings. But have no fear … that’s why Team Blog’s here!
Tuesday, July 21, Education Day & Counselor Awards
- ASI held a free luncheon for industry suppliers, during which a panel of top-selling distributor salespeople shared their insights and advice on what it takes to win their business and their loyalty. Watch a video of ASI’s Michele Bell interviewing Mike Riddle of Top 40 distributor WorkflowOne immediately after their session.
- At one session during Education Day in Chicago, a panel of distributor experts explored the trends and sales techniques for five fast-changing markets. Counselor’s Dave Vagnoni spoke with Apur Sheth of Evigna (asi/155460) after the session. Watch the video here.
- In the Wearables University session, “Top Decoration Techniques Decoded,” Ed Levy, owner of Digitize4U, broke down the most popular imprinting methods for attendees, explaining step-by-step how each is done and passing around samples. Watch Nicole Rollender, Stitches editor and director of education for ASI, talk with Ed Levy about why direct-to-garment printing is the imprinting technology to watch.
Counselor presented its annual awards from the ASI Show Chicago Tuesday night.
Counselor Awards Video
- Watch Editor Andy Cohen interview winners from the Counselor Awards
- To check out an exclusive interview during the ceremony with ASI President and CEO Tim Andrews click here.
- And for a firsthand look at the VIP guests as they arrived at the Counselor Awards banquet, click here to see a Red Carpet video from the event.
Wednesday, July 22, Day 1 from the Show Floor
- Industry organization Quality Certification Alliance (QCA) – a group of 14 suppliers focused on certifying the safety of industry products – recently announced that it is opening up the organization to new members. Counselor Editor Andy Cohen caught up with two members of the group’s board for a video interview to find out about the mission of QCA. Click here to see his interview with Gemline’s Jonathan Isaacson and David Nicholson from Leed’s.
- Wondering what ASI Chicago attendees were looking for as the headed out onto the trade show floor this morning? Counselor’s cameras caught up with some distributors just before they hit the exhibit booths. Click here to check out the video interviews.
- Counselor Managing Editor Joe Haley scoured the trade show floor this morning for the latest and greatest products he could find. Click here to see what he found and to watch the Day One episode of The Joe Show from ASI Chicago.
- In this video, Stitches Editor Nicole Rollender displays some hot sustainable fabric fashions that she found in the exhibit booths this morning. Click here to watch the Day One episode of Fashion Finds from The ASI Show Chicago.
- After the exhibit floor closed on Day 1, distributors took the opportunity to kick back, relax and continue networking. And, yes, Counselor’s cameras were on the scene. Click here to see our interviews with show attendees as they tried to refuel after a busy day.
- More than 200 suppliers were drawn on Day 1 to a purple room with Michael Jackson music blaring through speakers. The occasion? A launch party for ASI’s new Pay For Placement product within LogoMall. Click here to check out the scene as Counselor’s cameras got caught up in the fun.
- Last night, attendees sailed around Lake Michigan on the four-level Spirit of Chicago boat. Our cameras were on-hand as distributors and suppliers enjoyed a full buffet and discoed with their best dance moves. When the boat returned to port, attendees watched a spectacular fireworks display over the Chicago skyline. Click here to see the video highlights from the ASI Show Chicago Gala.
- ASI CEO and President Tim Andrews presents 6 unique products from the show floor. Watch the video.
Thursday, July 23, Day 2 from the Show Floor
- Branding expert Harry Beckwith, strategic partner with Minneapolis-based Beckwith Partners and author of best-selling book Selling the Invisible, delivered an inspirational keynote speech on brand-building to a packed ballroom. “Relationships trump everything – the way you treat clients and connect with them is how you build your brand,” Beckwith told the audience of distributors and suppliers. Nicole Rollender, editor of Stitches and director of ASI education, caught up with Beckwith after his speech to find out more inspirational tips. Click here to watch the interview.
- The ASI Show Chicago exhibit floor was teeming with hot products for the past couple of days. And Counselor Managing Editor Joe Haley was on the hunt for the most unique and interesting items he could find. In this video he shows off eight of the products he found. Click here to see the Day Two episode of The Joe Show.
- Ready to offer your clients some bling on a budget? In this video, Nicole Rollender, Stitches editor and director of education for ASI, shows off some colorful and unique imprinting methods that won’t break the bank, plus a cool, new layered women’s shirt style that’s debuting at the ASI Show Chicago. Click here to see the Day Two episode of Fashion Finds.
- ASI CEO and President Tim Andrews presents 4 more unique products from the show floor. Watch the video.
— WRAPstar D
Filed under: Counselor Awards
Tonight from the Counselor Awards in Chicago, we’ll not only be presenting the prestigious awards including Person of the Year, Distributor and Supplier Top 40s, etc., but we’ll also be launching all the results into the Twittersphere.
That’s right … all 8 Counselor Awards winners + 40 Top Suppliers + 40 Top Distributors = 88 must-have Tweets!
So if you can’t be there at the awards to find out who the winners are, go to twitter.com/asicentral around 11 p.m. EST (10 p.m. Chicago time) and get ready for rapid-fire results! And if you don’t have a Twitter account, you can always click here for all the Tweets coming from The Chicago Show.
— Vin ocho ocho