Filed under: General, Profile
Get to know some of your peers! In this month’s Advantages magazine Profile feature, Danette Gossett — President/CEO of Gossett Marketing (asi/212200) — dishes on everything from best advice to childhood ambitions. Enjoy!
- I went to college at Old Dominion University and got a degree in marketing management with a concentration in market research.
- My childhood ambition was to be a marine biologist.
- I got into the promo products industry because I had been in corporate America and was making millions for others and decided I could do that for myself. Then I saw a niche with promotional marketing where I could use my marketing expertise, be creative and make money.
- You might be surprised to know that I worked in Finland for a multinational corporation developing their brochures for English-speaking countries.
- The best advice anyone has given me is always be prepared – do your research and anticipate the questions you might be asked.
- We love doing custom-designed products. Our top supplier partners support us when we’ve got another unique idea. Most recently we designed a very differently shaped USB and beach bag for the introduction of a new cruise ship.
- My proudest recent achievement is qualifying for the “sales” trip to Napa Valley from the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce.
- On my days off, you will find me playing golf, doing yoga, going fishing, walking on the beach or just working around the house.
- My theme song is “Not gonna Change” by Swing out Sister.
- If I could trade places with someone for a day, it would be Sandra Bullock.
- My favorite websites are Amazon.com (for the shopping), YouTube.com, upsidethinking.com, sethgodin.typepad.com, bates-communications.com
I’m really bad at: crossword puzzles
Favorite color: red
Favorite food: my mom’s lasagna
Astrological sign: Scorpio
Most recent movie I saw: The Blind Side on DVD.
Five Things I’m Loving Now
1 - Weekends away
2 - Reading
3 - Time with my friends/family
4 - Writing
5 - Golf