February 21, 2013
Filed under: Tip of the Day
When you think of the word “pop”, what comes to mind? For me, several things, like a type of music, “Snap, crackle”, and an odd term some use to call carbonated beverages. Oh, and Michael Jackson.
But as an acronym, POP really doesn’t resonate. Until now!
Advantages magazine’s “Advantages University” feature for March is chock full of interesting advice and facts about point of purchase advertising — or POP — which is defined as: The point where products meet the consumer who has the capability and desire to buy. Want to learn more? Then don’t miss this article! And in the meantime, here are five powerful POP products:
- Inflatables add dimension to POP display. They can replicate an oversized version of a brand mascot or have utility value, such as an inflatable beverage-branded cooler to fill with ice and canned drinks at an event.
- Counter mats turn countertops into a mini showroom, putting a sales message right in a customer’s line of vision. Some mats are available with an antimicrobial surface to make sales more germ-free.
- Floor mats put advertising underfoot right at a business’ doorway or checkout register. They come in a variety of shapes, colors and materials. The best mats offer extra utility value, providing anti-fatigue surfaces and anti-slip engineering.
- Banners and banner stands engage full-color digital printing and dye-sublimation to make colorful displays for showrooms or trade show booths or on the field at an outdoor event. Banner stands range from retractable and pop-up options for easy carry-and-display potential to curved tabletop and wall-sized frames for an exciting backdrop.
- Bottle glorifiers are used by restaurants, clubs and bars to attractively display beverage brands. However, they can also work well for point of purchase promotions highlighting other bottled products such as sauces or perfumes. Glorifiers can be as simple as a plastic or wood imprinted riser or as involved as a backlit acrylic showcase.