Filed under: Tip of the Day
Looking for a new market to target? Try technology.
One of the few bright spots in the 2012 economy, not only are tech sector jobs growing but they’re driving secondary job creation as well. This month’s Advantages’ magazine cover story “What It Takes to Win the Tech Sector” explores this hot market in depth and provides great tips and advice on how to take advantage of the wealth of opportunity here. So what are you waiting for?! Read this article now! And in the meantime, here are 10 interesting tech facts:
- The world’s top five technology companies by revenue: Apple Inc., Samsung Electronics, HP, Foxconn, IBM.
- Unemployment in the high-tech sector is far below the national rate. In recent years, employment growth in technology has outpaced growth in the private sector as a whole by a ratio of three-to-one.
- What’s a STEM job? It’s science, technology, engineering and math related.
- The top three states for high-tech employment concentration: Washington, Massachusetts and Virginia.
- The richest person in America is Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- 70% of college students use keyboards (not paper) to take notes.
- China is the top mobile market.
- Apple sold its 100 millionth iPad in October, two and a half years after its first model came out.
- 38% of college students can’t go more than 10 minutes without checking their smartphone or other device.
- Alaska is the only state that can be typed on one row of a QWERTY keyboard.