Filed under: Tip of the Day
Did you know: It takes about 100 calls to yield 30 decicion-makers, who after two to four appointments will then yield a new client or deal?
Phew, that seems like a lot and it is, but you’ve got to put in the time if you’re gonna “always be closing” right? But thankfully it doesn’t have to be as difficult as it sounds. The current issue of Wearables magazine has some excellent advice on proven lead generators, identifying the perfect client, handling buyer objections and more. Check out this “Sales Buzz” article now, and in the meantime here are 5 proven lead generators to whet your whistle:
- Cold calling. Knock on doors or pick up the phone. You may start with a gatekeeper but can likely get a name of a decision-maker when you inquire politely.
- Referrals. Ask for leads from your current clients.
- Business networking. Join a minimum of two networking groups such as an association in your area of market expertise or your local chamber of commerce.
- Social networking. People want to work with people with whom they have something in common. Therefore, joining clubs related to your hobbies or getting involved with your child’s PTA can ultimately yield sales leads. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter also serve as socially-driven lead-generation tools.
- Internet research. Use the Internet to mine for leads in a specific region or industry or for a particular size of business.