December 30, 2010
Filed under: Tip of the Day
What’s up in the world of wearables for 2011? Advantages magazine knows. In fact, they did an entire story about the seven hottest apparel trends to look out for in 2011.
Here are the trends, plus a little snippet of what they are.
- Jewel Tones: If you’re looking to add value and class to your promotional campaign, invest in deep jewel tones. Rich tones, such as amethyst purple, ruby red and sapphire blue, have a bold, lush quality. It is ideal to pair jewel tones with neutrals, particularly black and white.
- Distressed/Military: There’s no denying it: Burnout is still hot.
- Performance Fabrics: At a time when people have enough on their plates, it comes as no surprise that performance and worry-free fabrics are becoming more and more in demand.
- Simple, Clean Lines: Maybe we can blame (or thank) Jon Gosselin, but it’s time to bid farewell to the era of Ed Hardy. Apparel is moving away from overly embellished and into more subtle, sensible looks.
- Specialty Inks: Decorators are looking into the appeal of conservative color prints.
- Laset Etching: One of the ways that the subtle look in apparel is being achieved is through laser etching. In this method, a logo is displayed via a laser burning off the top layer on polyester pieces.
- Tonal Embroidery: Tonal, color-on-color embroidery is one of the hottest ways to display a logo. Like in the past, the left chest is popular for logo placement, but more logos are showing up on back yokes.
Read the entire article on asicentral.com here.