Filed under: Tip of the Day
Is your Web site looking tired and out of date? Wonder what you can do to enhance your online presence the way the superstars do? Consider these best practices and advice to make yours a site worth seeing.
- Rotate content for freshness. This will draw visitors back to your site again and again, to see what’s new.
- Visit award-winning industry Web sites to see what works well.
Keep designs simple and elegant. A degree of sophistication indicates a professional, solid company and not a mere hawker of goods.
- Add customer conveniences, such as self-ordering and color views. People tend to want to shop for themselves these days. It also cuts down on calls to the office, tying up your time.
- Customize your site to suit your clients. If your customers are large, corporate entities, have a Web site that mimics those of your customers and the sophistication of their own brands.
- Continuously examine Web site hits, and tweak organic key words. It may be that you’re using the wrong words in headers and content and are failing to appear high up in the search engines.
- Consider using paid search with the major search-engine companies, to assure that your site appears as high as possible in the search results.
- Keep multimedia offerings subtle. Avoid music.
- Avail yourself of analytics tools, to know where visitors are coming from, what other marketing efforts are successful in driving them to your site and which landing pages capture visitors’ attention the best.
From Advantages magazine.